We are pleased and excited to announce that the Birmingham Museum of Art Shop now carries Art Herstory note cards and Christmas cards!
If you live nearby or are visiting the area, you can buy the cards on site. Due to Covid-related circumstances, the Shop is now open Wednesday through Sunday, with limited hours.
But if you cannot visit the bricks-and-mortar store, you can browse and shop online! Just in time for the holiday season, the Birmingham Museum of Art now boasts a web shop. Here you can browse not only an inviting array of stationery items, but also books, jewelry, accessories, apparel, toys and games, and more.
The Museum Shop offers the following Art Herstory products, in-store or online:
- 10-packs of Christmas cards featuring Adoration of the Magi by Artemisia Gentileschi;
- Individually wrapped cards with Gentileschi’s Adoration of the Magi;
- 10-packs of Christmas cards featuring The Nativity of Christ, by 17th-century Italian artist-nun Orsola Maddalena Caccia;
- Individually wrapped cards with Caccia’s Nativity;
- Sampler packs of the original six Art Herstory note cards, featuring works by Artemisia Gentileschi; Sofonisba Anguissola; Louise Moillon; Maria Schalcken; Clara Peeters; and Judith Leyster.
Now is a great time to visit the newly opened Birmingham Museum of Art. Among the several interesting current exhibitions is one devoted to a woman artist: An Epic of Earth and Water: Clare Leighton and the New England Industrial Series. This show is on at the museum until May 2, 2021.
If you go to see the exhibit, be sure to stop in at the museum store. Or, shop online any time. And make yourself a note to check the Birmingham Art Museum website later this Fall for special events around Museum Store Sunday, November 29.
Many thanks to the Birmingham Museum of Art Store for celebrating history’s women artists with Art Herstory!